August 4, 2014

Smart BLDC Commutator Coming Soon

I recently received a small batch of Smart BLDC Commutator boards to verify V3 routing. I'm pleased to announce that it tested flawlessly. I made a few changes to the silkscreen, including some equations to the back side to help in using motors with voltages outside the current design limits, and placed an order for a larger batch.

I expect boards to be in by the end of August 2014. After a quick overview to make sure all is well I will put them up for sale in the Makeatronics Store.

Once I get some time I will write up a detailed post on the hardware changes and the firmware running on it. Until then, here's the schematic if anybody wants to benefit from my experimenting.



Design files are hosted on GitHub and licensed under CERN OHL v.1.2.
Firmware is hosted on GitHub and licensed under the BSD 3 clause license.

No comments:

Post a Comment