March 14, 2013

Little Wire SMD

I came across the Little Wire a few months back. I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a few GPIO's accessible over USB. More than that, it also offers several serial protocols (I2C, SPI, etc), dual channel ADC, and even works as an AVR programmer, all in a neat little package! To make it even littler, I designed an SMD version of it.

I especially liked it for using a software implementation of the USB protocol on an attiny, which means I should be able to use an attiny in place of the much larger (and more expensive) FTDI chip.





The SMD version tested out flawlessly (that's a first!). The only problem is the silk screen lettering is a bit too small to be reliably printed.

Here's the design files for anybody interested:
For sale in the Makeatronics Store.

3 comments:

  1. Looks very cool, but the links to the files is broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I though I set up the permissions correctly. Can you try again and let me know what happens?

      Delete
    2. Still gives Error 111: (net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED): Unknown error. This happens for both files.

      Delete